Sunday, May 18, 2008

Nursery Ideas

I had a dream about Winnie the Pooh last night (I also dreamed that I intentionally melted nachos onto my leather couch, but that doesn't really have anything to do with this post). I woke up and told hubby we should paint our nursery-to-be to look like the Hundred Acre Woods.

He's on board. He suggested painting a tree that reaches up on the ceiling, and then hanging this lamp from a "branch" with bees around it to make it look like a hive.

Let me clarify - we are currently painting our master bedroom blue. Solid blue, one color, four walls. It's taken about a week thus far and left our entire house in disarray. So, we aren't master painters of any sort.

However, I found this website today. Check it out and see if it doesn't inspire you. Pretty soon you'll want to paint a forest - and stripes - and farm animals - and a castle.

(Li'l Sis? I know you have some mad crazy pumpkin-painting skills...)

1 comment:

Children's Hope International said...

Wow! Loved visualizing your nursery and checking out those murals. The Alice in Wonderland scene and the fireplace were favorites. Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer N.