Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Closer to "The List"

A rep from the Citizenship and Immigration office called early this evening. My initial reaction was, "Oh no - we have to redo our fingerprints!"

However, it turns out she was processing our application and was about to issue approval (!!!!) when she realized we were missing one form from our home study agency. She was kind enough to call and ask us to fax it to her in the morning instead of going through the usual mail notification process. I think she could tell I was a bit excited - I acted like she was my new best friend. I would have invited her over for a sleepover, complete with a round of Girl Talk, if I thought it would move things along.

The missing form is our DHS child abuse clearance. I'll call our home study agency on my way to work tomorrow and beg/plead for them to fax it asap. Wow. I'm so pleasantly surprised our fingerprints have already cleared! I've seen several bloggers have to redo theirs. I'll never complain about the gritless-Orange Glo again.

The most recent addition I've seen to the list was about #253. However, due to a couple of referrals and some families changing to other countries (due to issues I'll blog about another time), that family has moved up about 15 places in the last month (that is certainly not usual). That family was added to the list weeks ago, and I don't know how many have been added after them.

Once we receive our I-171H, we'll overnight it to CHI with the biggest check we've ever written, other than for our cars or the down payment on our house. Money well spent. :)

No comments: