Thursday, January 17, 2008

Boy and Girl Talk

Several of you have asked what gender our baby will be. Note the first song on my blog for the probable answer. That's right.... it's Beautiful Boy by John Lennon! We aren't 100% sure yet, but chances are very strong that we'll be adding a little boy to our family. I'm grinning as I type this. It's so fun to think about having a little guy around here.

So, how do we know? We aren't requesting boy or girl - we'd love to have either (or both!). We're open to a surprise. However, the Vietnam adoption system takes away a bit of the mystery. As you know, the wait for any relatively healthy young child is pretty lengthy. The wait list for girls is longer than for boys right now, so we'll probably get to cut in line in front of a handful of parents to adopt our little guy.

It's so exciting to think that we'll be parents to a little boy in the not-so-distant future. There's just a big enough sliver of a doubt to prevent us from painting the nursery yet. :)

I'm off to listen to some John Lennon....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog on CHI's blogroll. My husband and I are in the process of adopting from Russia but I did want to make a comment about expecting a little boy. :0)
In Russia, the waiting list for girls is VERY long as well and we requested a sibling group under 4 years old (no gender preference) and we were fully expecting 2 boys...But guess what??
We were referred 2 little girls! Of course we were thrilled but I just wanted to "prepare" you for the unexpected!!
We, hopefully, go back to Russia to complete our adoption within the next couple of months. If you want to visit our blog, It's web.mac.com/jmartin7100

Good Luck on your journey!

JennyM