Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"They're driving an '84... sheepdog."

So this weekend I went with Lil Sis, her boyfriend, and one of my friends to "Spend an Evening with Jeff Daniels" at Sooner Theatre in Norman. Hubby was supposed to come but was home sick (sorry, Hon!).

I was a bit hesitant when the day of the show my friend mentioned it was an event highlighting his songwriting. Um, what songwriting? I knew him from movies, primarily Dumb and Dumber (hence the post title). I really should ask questions before blindly committing to things. At any rate, he put on a really good show! He was quite amusing, his songs were fun, and the venue is a gem - can't believe I've never been there.

After the show we played stalker in the back of the theater - it's a small building so we assumed he had to come out eventually. Ta-da! We were right.

How fun, he was nice enough to stop for pictures! He also autographed a program for Hubby:

I do think he'd tipped back a few by this point. He was accommodating but his patience was wearing a bit thin - I suppose that would happen after you'd put up with fans for years. I had to refrain from throwing a Dumb & Dumber quote at him myself.

No comments: