Thursday, January 3, 2008

Christmas

I think I've exhibited a great amount of self-control by not allowing myself to start shopping for Little One yet. Hubby did pick up an OU baby bottle a while back. Other than that, we have refrained from even the most tempting of clearance racks. I've been savoring the thought of all the goodies and decorating. The nursery-to-be is still styled as a spare bedroom, leftover-furniture style, and probably will be for a while.

However, with the process underway, we thought it would be okay to indulge ourselves and put one little gift under the tree this year. We ordered this adorable book from Amazon. I'm in love.

It's the sweetest little adoption tale ever. However, now I've opened a whole can of worms. I've put off buying things with the justification that I don't want to decorate until we know the gender and exact age of our child. But books! There are few things I love more in the world. I could certainly justfy buying books galore for our little one without knowing any more about him or her than I do now. Must.... block.... Amazon....

Poppa and Gram also sent over the most adorable duckie robe. We opened it on Christmas morning, along with the book we had wrapped. We took pictures of the gifts under the tree and us opening them. I was going to post a pic of the duckie robe, but seeing as the pictures involve me in pajamas, we'll skip those little jewels for now.

1 comment:

angie said...

Not to fuel the fire, but I know a little one who just LOVES "Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born" by Jamie Lee Curtis.

http://www.amazon.com/Tell-Again-About-Night-Born/dp/006024528X